I think October is the most special month of the year ….not just because I was born in October…but also because so many wonderful facts about October.
When I browsed the internet the other day, I discovered so many celebrations in the month of October worth to remember….
October Month Celebrations Around the World:
- International Dinosaur month
- Diversity Awareness month
- Adopt a Shelter Dog month
- Computer Learning month
- Disney World Opens
- Mystery Series Week
- East and West German United
- Columbus Day
- World Rainforest Week
- Winnie the Pooh published
- Edison Invents the Incandescent Light Bulb
and many many more which will be too long a list if I mention all….
Also I found so many special Days celebrated in October such as:
- World Teacher Day
- World Food Day
- Farmers’ Day
- Dessert Day
- Boss Day
I even found Bizzare Holidays in the month of October where there is No Day through out the month of October without a Day to remember……
- October 1: World Vegetarian Day; Magic Circles Day
- October 2: Name Your Car Day, International Frugal Fun Day
- October 3: Techies Day, Virus Appreciation Day
- October 4: National Golf Day, National Frappe Day
- October 5: National Storytelling Festival Day, Do Something Nice Day
- October 6: Come and Take it Day; Mad Hatter Day
- October 7: World Smile Day; National Frappe Day
- October 8: National Tag Day; World Egg Day
- October 9: Fire Prevention Day; Moldy Cheese Day
- October 10: National Angel Food Cake Day; World Mental Health Day
- October 11: Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day; It’s my Party Day
- October 12: Cookbook Launch Day; Scream Day
- October 13: International Skeptics Day, National Peanut Festival Day
- October 14: Be Bald and Free Day; National Dessert Day
- October 15: White Cane Safety Day; National Grouch Day
- October 16: Dictionary Day; International Newspaper Carrier Day
- October 17: Wear Something Gaudy Day; National Cake Decorating Day
- October 18: No Beard Day; National Chocolate Cupcake Day
- October 19: Evaluate Your Life Day; Hagfish Day
- October 20: National Brandied Fruit Day; Get Smart About Credit Day
- October 21: Babbling Day; Count Your Buttons Day
- October 22: National Nut Day: National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
- October 23: National Mole Day; TV Talk Show Host Day
- October 24: National Bologna Day; Mother-In-Law Day (4th Sunday in month)
- October 25: Punk for a Day Day ; World Pasta Day
- October 26: Mule Day; National Mincemeat Day
- October 27: Navy Day; National Tell a Story Day
- October 28: National Chocolate Day; Plush Animal Lover’s Day
- October 29: National Frankenstein Day; Hermit Day
- October 30: National Candy Corn Day; Mischief Night
- October 31: National Magic Day; My Birthday 🙂
And today, looking at the Calendar, we are on October 14…..
and we are celebrating National Dessert Day …..
That’s right. A day to celebrate just desserts, which I think is pretty awesome …..
For just one day, forget about the calories and high fat content in many desserts. Tomorrow we can go back to our ‘lean’ diet.
In my country, we have so many different types of desserts and my favorites are the traditional desserts or known as ‘kue-kue basah’ literally means ‘wet cakes’.
With so many options available, how can we SAY NO to desserts today?
Have a happy, and fattening Dessert Day 🙂